Big Creek and Mentor Townships
Importance in History: County Seat in March of 1882 to present; 113 year old County Courthouse.
Township: Unincorporated, governed by Big Creek and Mentor Township.
Name: Originally called "Mioe," named after Marie "Mioe" Leyarmound. Changed to "Mio" in 1883.
East side of Mio 1900. This entire block burned in Mio's 1914 Fire.
(Photo: Oscoda County Reflections. Summer, 1971. Pg 1)